Grow Your Email List & Social Media Following On a Budget
I am so excited to see you here! I recently interviewed my friend Sterling Griffin and he is the guy for you if you are on a budget and wanting to grow your business and take it to the next level! If you don’t know of Sterling...go follow him! His energy is like no other and he just radiates that to everyone around him. I sat with him at a Mastermind we are in together and got to experience it in full force! Sterling’s passion is what changed his life even with no budget. You don’t need to make a huge investment when you are just starting out! Let me share some of his knowledge with you.
Finding a system that works
“I needed a system that would just allow me to get a few clients, pay me $1,000/$2,000 a month and I would focus on transforming their lives.”
- Sterling’s biggest piece of advice is to find a mentor. Once he found several mentors of his own he really learned how to grow his business.
- If you don’t have money to invest in a mentor, look to the people around you, the people who support you and ask for help. I know it can be hard and even embarrassing to ask for money but sometimes you just can’t do it alone and you will find yourself at a standstill.
- Nobody likes asking for money but even though that situation isn’t ideal, sometimes it’s the only way to make it happen. Be committed. Do whatever it takes to make it work!
What Does It Take To Charge Someone For Your Services?
Now, Sterling started with no experience, no certifications and found himself homeless. He worked his way up to being a 6-figure coach. The truth is most people won’t be able to afford a high price right away. But who can?
- The people who are dedicated, the high performers and the achievers in some aspect of their life.
- If you are someone who wants to get paid at a high level and work with those high performers you have to know your clients. “You have to know exactly who they are and you have to create content that speaks directly to that person's needs, pains and goals.”
- Put out great value and show up consistently.
- Find a system that works for you, use it, find a mentor and go to live events!
- Once you have your system in place you will know what content to create, how to create it and continue to show up and deliver.
Your Energy Attracts or Repels People
This is such an important idea and Sterling is a master of energy and delivering it to other people. Bring your genuine energy to your peers and your clients and people will WANT to work with you!
- “I just feel so, so grateful to do this work. My whole thought is how can I just support this person, how can I support the next person that's making a big impact because if I just help them even just this much the ripple effect will be massive.”
- Positivity is key. We are entrepreneurs for a reason, we chose this career path to change and influence the lives of others.
- If you spread your energy and your gratitude, believe me others will feel it.
After Sterling interviewed me as a guest on his Facebook page, I can’t even tell you how many of his people personally reached out to me just to express their gratitude for me taking time to be there. AMAZING!
Growing Your Following
Sterling puts so much emphasis on getting mentors over and over, there is no limit!
- Invest in yourself and your business.
- Sterling’s strategy doesn’t focus on growing followers. We all know the algorithms change almost every week so focusing energy on growing your followers is not a top priority.
- He made a very good point in saying his focus is not on growing a profitable business but it's how he can change individual lives, “Followers doesn’t equal flow. Likes don’t equal leads and comments don't equal cash. However, messages do equal money.”
If people message you, message them back! Those are the people you can lead into a client relationship. Engage with your customers and leave an impact on people.
If you do have a mentor, listen to them, follow their program and you will see results. You invested in yourself and your business for a reason so don’t waste it. I see a lot of people come to me and I want it so bad for them but I end up realizing I want it more than they do. I can’t want it more than you!! Be a go-getter, do the work, and watch the results happen. The numbers will come when you are focused on your message, when you are focused on picking the right niche and serving your clients as best as you can. If you want to check out Sterling you can find him by @sterling!
Check out the She’s Building Her Empire Facebook group for behind the scenes, personal development, what I am working on now and a place to chat. These don’t always turn into blogs or podcasts and I don’t want you to miss out! Join our Facebook group and go to shesbuildingherempire.club!